Many facilities store or pump large volumes of diesel or jet fuel product. There is the potential for spillage from an earthquake- especially during transfer operations. EPO (Emergency Power Off) buttons used to manually shutoff the fuel in response to emergencies may not be accessible in an earthquake.
- ASCE 25 Certified; Office of the State Architect, California
- UL fabrication
- Low Level Seismic Alarm (Advisory); High Level Seismic Alarm (Shutoff); Form C contacts
- Scalable autonomy
- State of the art digital sensor; field programmable; XYZ peak acceleration data
- Control relays, solenoids, pneumatic, hydraulic or electric-motor operated valves
- Actuator circuit protection built into the seismic controller.
- Extended warranty available
ESS’ White Paper on Earthquake Actuated Shutoff Systems is a useful primer on the subject.
For more information and a handy chart for estimating the expected peak ground acceleration based on earthquake magnitude and distance click here.
For more information or to explore options for your site, please feel free to contact us.